Body Contouring & Cellulite Reduction
It’s never the wrong time to rock that bikini bod!
What is Body Contouring & Cellulite Reduction?
At the Dallas Regenerative Center, we use Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy (ECSW) to transmits powerful sound waves onto and through the skin. This energy is delivered via an electromagnetic applicator, which then spreads out radially. Picture the gentle radial waves generated when dropping a pebble into a still pond. This radial energy enhances the treatment effect to improve the tone, texture and appearance of the cellulite.
This treatment is particularly effective after other types of fat-reducing treatments, including Coolsculpting.
What does the procedure treat?
The procedure targets those areas of the body which are prone to fat and cellulite such as the buttocks, thighs, stomach, and arms.
What is Cellulite?
- Cellulite is defined as a condition in which skin appears to have underlying fat deposits, giving a dimpled and lumpy look appearance
- Nearly 90% of women and 10% of men will develop areas of cellulite
- Cellulite also affects otherwise slim and fit people as well
- Cellulite usually begins to appear between the ages of 25 and 35 as estrogen begins to decrease
- Exercise and losing weight do not get rid of cellulite because while it can reduce fat, exercise does not affect the herniated fibers that cause cellulite
How does the procedure work?
The device transmits powerful sound waves into and through the skin which help to breakdown and break up fat cells. This energy is delivered via an electromagnetic applicator and then spreads out radically. The body responds to the sound waves with increased metabolic activity in the form of lymphatic drainage and increased blood circulation, with the end result being an improvement in the appearance of cellulite.
What are some of the benefits of the procedure?
The benefits of the procedure include:
- Quick and non-invasive with no downtime
- • Typically, an improvement of one grade of cellulite (e.g., improvement from Grade 3 to Grade 2) after a package of stand-alone procedures
- Short-term increase of blood flow caused by vasodilation and massage
- Long-term improvement of blood flow caused by formation of new blood vessels
- Lymphatic drainage effect, drainage, and washout of toxins & triglycerides
- Strengthening of the connective tissue leads to an improvement in elasticity and firmness of the skin
How many treatments will I need?
The number of treatments you need may depend on the severity of your cellulite, but we recommended a minimum of 10 sessions within a 3-4 week period. Visible changes may be seen as soon as during your second week of treatment, as your skin will get smoother and noticeably firmer.
Results can last up to a year if the personalized treatment plan developed by our practitioners is followed.
Is the treatment painful?
No, quite the contrary. Many patients comment that the treatment feels similar to a relaxing massage.
How do I learn more?
Complete our patient inquiry form to activate an appointment with one of our Patient Advisors at Dallas Regenerative Center or call 833.746.7848