Platelet-Rich Plasma or PRP
Platelet-Rich Plasma or PRP as its more nationally known is taken from the patient’s own body to weaponize and accelerate the healing process.
When the blood is extracted from the patient, it is then placed in a centrifuge and spun so that the red blood cells, the platelet-poor plasma, and the platelet-rich plasma separate. At which point the PRP cascades to the bottom for extraction and use.
Within PRP there are three major components used for healing:
- Platelet-poor plasma used for growth healing factors
- Blood cells that cause clotting
- Plasma is basically whole blood liquid which has water and proteins and acts as the transportation for the healing components
PRP can be good for soft tissue injuries, injured tendons, ligaments, muscles, and joints.
- PRP acts as a natural growth factor to enhance and ignite the healing process within the affected or injured parts of the body.
- Aids in the healing process of shoulder pain from a rotator cuff tear, Achilles tendon rupture, golfing or tennis elbow
- Reduced side effects as it comes from your body so the uptake will be more responsive
- Reduces the need for anti-inflammatory drugs or other pain management opioids
PRP can also be used as a Facial Filler or natural cosmetic injectable for facial areas:
- Adds facial volume for a more fuller-looking appearance
- Obtain fuller, plumper lips
- Reduces skin dimpling of the chin
How Do I Learn More:
Complete our patient inquiry form to activate an appointment with one of our Patient Advisors at Dallas Regenerative Center or call 833.746.7848